Saturday, August 4, 2012

Missing my friends

being a fan of new things, it's still sometimes hard for me to adjust to moving away. I've been so happy the last 5 years in Nashville. Some big milestones have happened here: my first apartment, first full-time job, relationships, breakups, Thyroid Disease, Addison's Disease, engagement... This is a place where I have a great church community, a work family, and sweet, sweet friends. My friends are what I'm going to miss the most. I might miss the city in other ways, but my best girlfriends are what my heart is already missing.


 
I've struggled over the years with figuring out my place among friends and how to keep friendships going after college life. Nashville is where I've learned that true friendship takes work, caring and that ups and downs are natural. Especially living away from family, friendships are so important. In the last 5 years, I've formed friendships with amazing people who speak the same heart-language as I do. They are the kind of people who lift me up and take care of me, the ones who notice when they haven't heard from me in awhile.
Now my Nashville friends are becoming like other friends I live away from and keeping in touch is now going to be weekend visits, phone calls and skype dates. It makes me feel sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!