Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hairstyles for special events

For our wedding I'd like to get my hair professionally done, but I have several events coming up where I'm choosing to do my own hair. When I was a kid I looooved to do my friends' hair. At sleepovers I was the one with the curling iron in my hand during movies. While the others painted nails and read magazines I was creating elaborate up-dos and braids.
 I am pretty lazy when it comes to styling my hair now- it's wash and wear for me most days. But I feel like I am still pretty handy with a curling iron, and saving money by doing my own hair for special occasions is worth it. I've been thinking about different options and watching youtube videos. (I made my veil a couple of weeks ago and youtube videos were really helpful!)

Here are some styles that I might try:





http://myyellowsandbox.blogspot.com/2011/05/day-6-wedding-bun.html


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FbDPZNUpus


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful --- You'd probably do it just as lovely yourself. And you'll get exactly what you want. Do a dry run and take pictures with wedding day make-up to see if you like it. I'm so excited!

    Lana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!