Thursday, February 2, 2012

What I've been up to

Ahh, life... it catches up with you sometimes, doesn't it? I moved into a new apartment last weekend, and it seems like I was saving up so much to do and plan until "after the move." I still have a ton of organizing and re-arranging to do, and the new apartment came with a lot of maintenance issues (tub leaking, laundry room leak, no cable hook up, mail key didn't work....) All of that stuff takes a lot of time to get sorted out!

So besides moving, I've also been working on a wedding website


It's for the wedding party and our families to keep up to date on all of the plans we're making. I used Blogger and chose a simple template with pages for all of the different categories.

Then I started a blog redesign, but haven't finished it yet (as you can see, it's half new and half old...)

Anyone else really sad about Picnik closing? I'm going to have to go back to using Picasa and Aviary. hmm, or maybe something else.

oh and, Working, Working, Working.... as always, I have to pay the bills. :)

My health has been pretty good. Bl and I talk a lot about how we learn all the time how much extra Hydrocortisone I'll need for different things. Like the day I moved I took 15 mg extra throughout the day and while I was drooping with exhaustion by the end of the day, it seemed to ward off any Addison's symptoms.

Thyroid-wise, I seem to be doing ok on 100mcgs of Synthroid. I had a doctor's appointment this week, so we'll see if my levels prove I need more or not.

I was hoping the Synthroid would help spur on my metabolism and I would lose some weight, but not much change there. I counted calories for 3 weeks straight in January and lost 8 lbs. But then I had some stress and ate a bunch of fried food and gained it back. The root of this problem is my lack of discipline in sticking to a healthy diet... and my lack of exercise. Losing weight has to become a priority. If I use you guys for accountability on that, you won't mind, will ya? BL has been kicking up the exercise in his life, so that's good motivation. I just need to stop making excuses and work out.

On a final note, what would we do without Pinterest?? Before I was engaged I was pinning decorating images like crazy. Now that I'm stalking wedding websites, Pinterest is so wonderful for keeping track of inspiration. Here are some of my favorite pins from the week: (click on each caption to go to the source and to see the pictures in a larger size.)

Wedding Channel

BHG.com

Ana White

The Wedding Channel

PaperFashion.net

Style me pretty

Complex Cardigans





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!