Thursday, June 9, 2011

Packing for a Summer Vacation

When I'm packing for vacation, I'm usually super excited about my travel plans, and packing is not a chore. I like being able to stack my clothes out on my bed and figure out what will look good with what. I had some fun with my Polyvore closet. Here's what I would pack if I was leaving today on a week long summer vacation.



Tops:
3 tanks (striped, white, black)
2 sleeveless tops (tan and blue embellished)
1 Chambray tunic
1 Striped boatneck
3 t-shirts (cream, fuchsia and turquoise)
3 Cardigans (grey, green, and black)
1 cropped cotton pea-coat
2 pairs of pants (black skinnies, boot cut jeans)
3 skirts (grey pencil, jean, and black jersey)
1 pair of shorts
3 dresses (striped, floral and black knit)
1 White hobo purse
1 straw clutch
3 pairs of shoes (silver sandals, blue leather sandals, and black flats)

Most of the tops go with most of the bottoms. The shoes cover almost any activity (I might throw in a pair of tennis shoes if I knew I was going hiking or something more athletic). The black skinnies double as leggings under a dress or skirt. The clutch easily fits inside of my purse, but can carry my wallet, meds and phone for a night at a restraunt or show.

Here are the accessories I would pack:



I'm not a huge jewelry person for every day things, but if I dress up I love to have some accessories.
And last but not least, if this dreamy vacation included the lake, or ocean or some other water fun, I would also include these other things:



If we're going to spending days on the beach, I'm going to need a cute cover up and more than one suit- plus a beach bag and an extra set of sunglasses.

I may have learned to pack light when I need to, but this is not packing light for me. :) If I didn't think this post was already too long, I would have fun showing you everything else I would pack (books, music, snacks... yup, I said snacks... I never travel without food. )

What would you choose for your summer vacation wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!