Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Addison's Life

via RealSimple.com
 I've been so grateful over the last year and a half to be a part of several Addison's Disease forums and boards. Having a rare chronic illness means that I don't know anyone in real life that has Addison's. So connecting with people over the internet who do has been so valuble. Yes, I have a great doctor. Yes, I have amazing family and friends. But nothing beats getting first hand advice from someone who has already been down the path I'm on.

I've really been loving what Lana's been writing on her blog FindingLana. (Hi Lana!) She is a blessing and a resource for me. I want to also be a blogger who shares my experience with Addison's in a way that is helpful to others. Last winter was a rough time for me, and what I blogged about was my perspective during the yuck of figuring out how to live with Addison's. It was still so new to me. This winter has been so incredibly different and my experience with this disease have become more positive than before. I want to share that side of Addison's too.

I would never choose this disease. I still hate that I have it, but it doesn't make me mad like it did before. I like where I am today, and a lot of what I've learned in the past two years is because of Addison's. I'm grateful for the opportunities it has brought into my life. It's weird that I can hate something but be grateful for what it has brought to my life- but it's true.

3 comments:

  1. You are incredibly sweet. I am glad that my writing and ranting and laying myself on the line sometimes (right or wrong) does make a difference in revealing the truths about what it is like to live with Addison's Disease. Since it is very "invisible" to those around us, mostly, it is not easy to understand. Having someone who understands Addison's/Adrenal Insufficiency on a personal level is meaningful and that's why I love reading EVERYTHING you post because it shows your every-day-normal life, the fun, the raw, the interesting...all of it. Thanks for being exactly who you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing and so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanna, I know what you mean to be grateful for something so horrible and life changing. I'm not grateful everyday though!
    mo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!