Friday, August 13, 2010

Dreary Marblehead, MA

We only had a little bit of rain on our trip when we were driving south along the coast of New Hampshire and Massachusetts.  I would have loved to spend more time walking around some of the port towns like Salem, Manchester-by-the-Sea, Marblehead and Ipswich.  I did manage to snap some quick pictures out of the car windows when we were in Marblehead.  I loved the brightly painted houses and flower boxes everywhere.  The streets were so narrow, and all of the houses seemed so small and packed together.  I was fascinated to see all of the signs on the houses saying that they were built for so and so in 1680 or 1750...  I can't imagine what it would be like to live in a house that was hundreds of years old!

It stopped raining for awhile and mom and I grabbed and early dinner at a restarant on the marina called The Landing.  (Thank you Urban Spoon!)  We had scallops wrapped in bacon, served with maple dipping sauce and fried clams with fries.  I don't know if you have ever had fresh "Ipswich style" fried clams- they are so yummy.  However, I do have one complaint.  I don't like the bellies...  :)  A friend of mine who is from Hanover, MA says that the bellies are the best part.  Maybe I would agree with her if I had grown up eating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!