Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Nothin' but a 'thing'


I have a new 'thing.' I feel at peace when the kitchen sink is clean. Weird I know. The strange thing: it feels oddly therapeutic to do the dishes. Lately the last thing I do before I go to bed is clean the kitchen. I feel ready to sleep after the counter tops are clear, the dishes are done and the kitchen smells nice. It's so nice to get up in the morning and see a clean shiny sink with at least one empty side for filling up the kettle and for rinsing out my coffee press after I am done making coffee.

What happened? I used to hate the dishes. This is new for me, probably starting in the last couple of months. Maybe it's one of the ways I've learned to cope with the stresses of life?

What about you? Do you have "things" like this?

2 comments:

  1. the kitchen is totally my thing too. i hate dishes, but more than that, i hate knowing they're sitting there in the sink. i love waking up to a clean kitchen. it's the one room in my house that is always super clean. the other rooms are tidy, but probably not dusted or swept or deep cleaned...but the kitchen is my clean sanctuary...i do spend like half my life in there though, so maybe that's why i like it clean :).

    p.s. your comment about lucy and ethel cracked me up. you're right...times certainly have changed :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE a clean kitchen. if the kitchen isn't clean, i'm depressed and a get a sickly feeling in my gut.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!